Please read this
- When booking your training we require a £200 deposit to reserve your place, or the full amount should it be to a lesser value i.e CBT. There is a 14 day cancellation policy. If you cancel within those 14 days we reserve the right to withhold your deposit. If you cancel within 7 days we reserve the right to hold the full amount. In all cases, if we can replace you with another customer for the time booked we will refund you fully.
- The balance will be payable 7 days before training or in full if booking within 7 days of commencement. If you are paying by cheque we need to bank it 5 days prior to starting your training. We can take credit and debit cards on the phone or in person.
If you do find that you are having a problem with your booked dates please get in touch asap so we can help rearrange if possible. If we can replace you we will, so the sooner you tell us the more chance you have of not losing your money. If we can't replace you after you have booked within the above period or we dont have reasonable notice, you will not be refunded. Card refunds will be minus a £5 admin fee as we are charged for both transactions. We have to pay in advance for tests and do not get refunded if cancelled less than five days prior to test date. Please note that by giving us your payment or card details you are agreeing to pay us for all or any training booked.
Please remember though that you are buying our time so try not to waste it by not telling us if you are having difficulties.
- If you decide not to complete your course once commenced we will not be able refund you.
- We have no control over either the weather or the Driving and Vehicle Standards Agency.
- If DVSA cancel your test due to weather they will book you a new test free. However they will not refund any expenses you have incurred, i.e. training and time off work etc. If they cancel for any other reason they will make payment for all reasonable expenses. We will give you the forms or they can be downloaded from DVSA website. You can then claim your expenses from them.
- You WILL need to bring your driving licence with you when you attend with the correct category for the bike you are riding. If you do not we may have to cancel your training and you will forfeit the fee. There is now an online service to check Licence categories. To check this you will need your Licence number, National Insurance number and post code.
- In addition when taking practical tests it is your responsibility to ensure you have all the documents needed to present at the test centre i.e. for mod 1 your photo licence, CBT and theory test. For mod 2 you must also present your mod 1 pass.
- Late arrivals, may forfeit fees, in particular for CBT or when it would cause someone else to be late for test.
- On CBT day there is a lot to get through and a group of people. If you are late you are preventing the group from progressing. We would like you to arrive 15 mins prior to the start of CBT to facilitate a prompt start. If you arrive more than fifteen mins after start time you may not be able to join in , and you will not be refunded.
- On test day , if you are late to the point that the Instructor has to leave without you to enable another student to get to test on time, you will be charged for the test and the time you were going to do.
- We do have breath testing equipment and if we suspect that you are under the influence we will ask you to take the test. If you refuse the test or fail it we will have to send you home and you will forfeit your fee, so please dont come for training if not fit to do so.
Please also note that , as with all schools we will need to cover our costs should you damage our bikes or equipment. We only charge for the cost of replacement. ie a brake lever is about £11. Our insurance excess is £500 which is the responsibility of the rider if the equipment is damaged to the point of an insurance claim. There is a £10 per day or £25 per course ( if 3 days or over ) voluntary damage waiver . This will protect you against all damage costs. If the damage waiver is not accepted then you will be liable for up to the excess.
We really want you to enjoy your time with us, so it is always best to get off on the right foot.